I followed the great presentation made by Aparna Jain at Apportable SF ("Hands on iOS development" meetup). She used a simple tipcalculator project for her presentation and I thought it was a perfect sample project that might fit in a 1 hour presentation. You will find a Ionic version here : https://github.com/lennycartier/ionic-tipcalculator/tree/master
As I am starting to have a good set of Ionic snippets (need to publish some on www.ionic-fr.org #teasing) I'm starting to look for the perfect .gitignore to remove useless files (think of the big and small files generated during compilation times but also of plugins that needs to be added regarding your platform). So I came across a few posts on stackoverflow or on github and here is my set up.
Basic .gitignore in the root directory :
*.keystore *.sw* platforms/
Maybe add those is a good idea to add those generic exclusion in the rootdir .gitignore :
Yes, that sounds strange and pretty useless since that I've just tried this on my Mac which is running OSX, anyway it can give ideas if you only have a Windows or a Linux box.
I've downloaded prebuild OSX Vagrant boxes here : https://github.com/AndrewDryga/vagrant-box-osx
Then vagrant up and vagrant halt
Install nodejs (npm included)
Do sudo xcodebuild -license accept
Do sudo npm install -g ionic cordova ios-deploy ios-sim
...will update this with new links...
Can't work without :
Top examples, good practices
- https://blog.nraboy.com/ : a wide array of Ionic coding example. Be sure to check his videos. How do I rate an app with Ionic, using SQLite, Crosswalk integration, routing, prefiled database, file transfer... If you should start somewhere, consider this blog.
- http://coenraets.org/blog/ : close to Nic Raboy blog but more targeted at business solutions. Be sure to check his Ionic framework tutorial and don't miss his Cordova/Phonegap tutorial. These resources are good starting point for mobile development (you should consider both, because a basic knowledg of Cordova/Phonegap and AngularJS is needed with Ionic).
- http://www.betsmartmedia.com/what-i-learned-building-an-app-with-ionic-framework : nice "real-life" tips and trick about the Ionic framework and daily work with it. Gulp, JS, emulators, minification tips...
- Ionic basic routing and navigation : http://learn.ionicframework.com/formulas/navigation-and-routing-part-1/ . Besides controllers and services, this one will help you split your project code between several files related to views and to connect controllers to views.
- Cordova plugins home : http://plugins.cordova.io/#/
- AngularJS API reference : https://docs.angularjs.org/api
AngularJS specific :
- Factory/provider/services three patterns to create the same angular service. Must read. From Tyler McGinnis https://github.com/tylermcginnis/AngularServices (added 2015/02/13)